Eligibility Requirements for a Skilled Tradesperson to Migrate to Australia
Are you a welder, tiler, or carpenter and want to live and work in Australia? An option for you to gain entry into Australia could be via an Australian Skilled or Employer Nominated visa. There are skill shortages across the trades in this country, which means many opportunities for skilled tradespersons to migrate here.
Some of the Skilled/Employer Nominated visas that might be appropriate for you are:
Please check these Occupation Lists to learn if your job is on one of these lists and so is currently in demand in Australia. Also read more about Occupation Lists and their possible great opportunity for skilled foreigners to live and work in Australia.
Skilled Visas Eligibility
Please be aware that being eligible to apply for a Skilled visa is more than just having your job on an Occupation List. There are other eligibility requirements that you must pass. Following is a list of the general eligibility requirements you will need to satisfy to be invited to apply for a Skilled visa. (And note that different Skilled visas may have their own specific eligibility requirements as do States for the State or Regional Nominated Visas.)
General Eligibility Requirements for Trade Occupations:
- Your Occupation must be on an Australian federal or state Occupation List.
- You must be under the age of 45.
- Your skills must be assessed by the relevant Australian skills assessing authority.
- You must have worked a specific number of years in your profession or trade.
- You must have at least a competent level of English.
- If you wish to apply for a points tested visa, your Points Test score must be at least 65. Points are awarded for such criteria as Age, Relevant Work Experience (inside Australia and outside it), and Education.
- You must pass health Examinations.
- You must pass character assessment.
*Please note that this is a general overview and is not specific eligibility criteria for all Skilled/Employer Nominated Visas.
Get Advice From an Expert Migration Consultant
Please realize that applying for a Skilled visa and understanding all its requirements is often best done during a formal consultation with an experienced Australian immigration agent or lawyer because there are so many variables involved. Migration Ways offers such a consultation and it can be booked here.
If you are working in the Melbourne CBD, learn more about our very accessible downtown offices for consultations.
My experience with migration ways was more than positive. The whole team followed me to get Australian citizenship for my son and my partner visa. Alberta, as well as all the stuff of migration ways has always been available to any need and above all have shown a knowledge of matter and a great professionalism I recommend relying on migration ways for any immigration need in Australia. Thank you very much to all the staff of migration ways. Dino Zocco
Travel serenely in our experienced hands.