Vetting An Australian Migration Agent or Lawyer
1) Get agent recommendations, read reviews.
2) Interview potential agents. Ask: Do you specialize in immigration?
3) What are all my visa options?
4) Are you an expert in the visa I need?
5) What are all the fees, from the government and your agency?
6) Will you update me about migration law changes?
7) And: Compare the fees of the different agents.
8) The agent should be objective, not scaremongering or pollyannish.
9) Have your dealings with the agent been efficient and friendly?
10) Relax. There are many good agents to prepare your case.